Vision Surgery Rehab Network    VSRN.atinfopop.com    http://visionsurgeryrehab.evecommunity.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Eye-openers  Hop To Forums  Personal Post-Op Stories    Doctor's office not responding to my call - caused me my eye sight.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor's office not responding to my call - caused me my eye sight.
 Login/Join 
Veteran
posted
WARNING TO PEOPLE WHO HAS HAD THE CORRECTIVE EYE LASER SURVERY OR TO THOSE WHO WANTS THE LASER SURVERY.
1992 I had the laser surgery .

My purpose in writing this is to save other patients the anguish that I have experience . I was his patient for the corrective eye surgery, which I was very pleased with the outcome. I never had any problems with the surgery.

But, in March of 1993 I called his office to report that I was experiencing floaters in my left eye, which I described to the front office as black spots floating around ( at that time I was unaware what a floaters were and the serious of them). I was told by one of his employees not to worry that everyone experience floaters. On April 22, 1993 I experience blurring in my eye and call his office. After a checkup by I was informed that I had a detached retina and was sent to see another, which told me that I had a giant tear in the retina. He immediately call the hospital to set up an appointment for emergency surgery.

I have undergone four surgery to correct a giant tear of the retina, also my lens was removed. My vision will never be the same. I was told by my eye doctor now that I should have been seem at the first sign of a floater, especially with corrective eye surgery that a tear in the retina would have been detected right than, and that I went to long without the care that I needed. I was out of work for a year and my medical bills has been over $29,000 dollars which I’m still paying on. Now I’m aware that these are all symptoms of vitreous hemorrhage and should be reported immediately to your doctor which is now too late for me. But I hope after reading this I can save other patients the anguish and hardship that I have battle with.

I wrote a letter to my doctor to inform him of all that I have gone through, I received one letter from him admitting that as a practice he feels it is important to respond to these problems as soon as possible. He quoted that his office have now issued a policy, that now any patient who calls in the office to inquiry about floater should speak with a doctor.

I never heard from him again to inquiry about my eye or how I was doing. So, I hope this will save other patients from the anguish and hardship that I have had to battle with.

Sincerely,

Genia
glocklear_webb@hotmail.com