Find
Notify
Tools

Urine Therapy For Eyes
 Login/Join 
Veteran
Picture of MSRX92
posted
I saw there was a topic on this further down on the page, I wanted to reply, but it had been locked.

I have not heard of this therapy for the eyes, but it actually does have a theoretical basis.

Urea, which is found in urine, is well-known as an emollient, and is used in many different hand lotions after being extracted from urine.

It would be a bad idea to put urine straight into the eyes, because of possible bacterial contamination and all the other products in the urine that don't need to be in the eye. But this would be an avenue of research for a drug company, extracting the urea and making an appropriate ointment for the eye to combat dry eyes.

Posts: 50 | Location: North America | Registered: Fri April 06 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Registered
posted Hide Post
I have used diluted fresh urine (half water/half urine-a few drops) for dry eyes and it does help. My dry eyes began years ago after contact use and hepatitis. However I haven't had lasik thanks to this board. So I'm not sure how beneficial it would be for post-lasik eyes. I certainly think it's worth a try and it would not in any way be harmful. There is a website about urine therapy: www.biomedx./com/urine/. Also two very good books about the subject are: "The Golden Fountain" by Coen van der Kroon and "Your Own Perfect Medicine by Martha Christy". Thanks for being open. Someone else really slammed me on this subject.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Fri July 27 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Registered
posted Hide Post
If the link in my previous message doesn't work try typing it in.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Fri July 27 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post